BMW 3 5 Series Mini X3 X5 and Z4 iPod adapter interface for iPod iPhone CTABMIPOD009.2
This BMW iPod adapter interface allows you to connect an iPod or iPhone to BMW 3 Series, BMW 5 Series, BMW Mini, BMW X3, BMW X5 and BMW Z4 car stereo models listed below. Enjoy all of your iPod or iPhone music whilst on the move in your car. This BMW iPod adapter provides full iPod quality sound and also keeps your iPod or iPhone charged. It is also possible to control the iPod from the head-unit or steering wheel controls (where applicable).
BMW iPod adapter interface CTABMIPOD009.2 features
- iPod interface connects via CD changer connection (40 flat pin Quadlock plug) at rear of radio. Please see image and ensure your stereo has this connector.
- Compatible with BMW 3 Series, BMW 5 Series, BMW Mini, BMW X3, BMW X5 and BMW Z4 with BMW Business head-unit with 40 flat pin connector (Quadlock).
- Provides iPod connector which plugs into bottom of iPod or iPhone.
- Charges iPod or iPhone (both older 12v models and newer 5v models).
- Provides some control of iPod from stereo (or stalk remote controls where available).
- Provides full iPod CD quality sound, far superior than cheap plug-in FM transmitters.
- Very easy 'plug n play' installation.
- Connects2 part number - CTABMIPOD009.2
- iPod not included
- 2 years warranty
BMW iPod adapter interface CTABMIPOD009.2 compatibility
This BMW iPod adapter is compatible with the following:
- BMW 3 Series 2001 - 2005 (E46) with Business head-unit (40 flat pins Quadlock connector).
- BMW 5 Series 2001 - 2003 (E39) with Business head-unit (40 flat pins Quadlock connector).
- BMW Mini 2001 onwards (E53) with Business head-unit (40 flat pins Quadlock connector).
- BMW X3 2004 onwards with Business head-unit (40 flat pins Quadlock connector).
- BMW X5 2001 - 2006 (E53) with Business head-unit (40 flat pins Quadlock connector).
- BMW Z4 2002 - 2008 (E85) with Business head-unit (40 flat pins Quadlock connector).
- Plus other models with compatible head unit.
IMPORTANT: This adapter is NOT compatible with radio models that have DSP or built-in Bluetooth hands-free.
Please note: The compatibility information provided for this BMW iPod adapter interface is provided as a guide only. Please ensure that the make, model and year of your vehicle matches the above and that your car has the suitable connector to take the plug pictured above. There is more than one iPod adapter available for BMW vehicles, please view all of the available options.
Will it fit my car?
This BMW iPod adapter is for BMW models with a Quadlock CD changer connector at the rear. Please check the back of your radio for a connector that looks like this:
If you have a different connector you will need a different adapter. Another connector type is a 17 round pin connector which looks like this:
If you have a 17 round pin connector you need this adapter instead - BMW iPod adapter for 17 round pin connector
If your car is pre-wired to take a CD changer in the boot it might be possible to remove the plug from the back of the radio to reveal one of the connectors pictured above. It is not always possible to remove the CD changer connector, or the plug at the back of the radio is different from those above. In these cases it's possible to use the iPod adapter that is designed to connect to CD changer cables in the boot. The pre-wired connector looks like this:
If you wish to connect an iPod adapter to the pre-wired plugs in the rear of the vehicle this is the adapter - BMW iPod adapter for pre-wired models